From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ssl vs openssl vs libressl vs gnutls USE flag foo
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 20:07:47
1 On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> The pain is for a short time. Then we have to live with this for a
4 >> long time. USE flags should have one meaning. The fact that this
5 >> isn't the case right now is already a bug. We don't need to
6 >> perpetuate it.
7 >
8 > No, the pain is neverending. You define a number of flags which are
9 > scattered all over the place and there's practically no good value but
10 > the 'default'.
13 My response was intended as a comparison of the two options presented,
14 which so far are the only options that have been suggested by anybody
15 that don't require EAPI changes.
16
17 I wasn't suggesting that there wasn't room for improvement in general.
18 However, short of banning libressl until EAPI7 and actually doing
19 something in EAPI7 this is our current best option.
22 Rich