From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -C eselect-python disaster
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:30:52
On 25.1.2010 13.02, Dale wrote:
> Petteri Räty wrote: >> On 01/25/2010 04:28 AM, Dale wrote: >>> Well put. I would agree that a simple warning should be given before >>> removing a system package or a package that system must have, especially >>> portage. >>> Maybe what portage needs is a reverse -n feature. Instead of adding >>> something to the world file, it removes a unwanted package from the >>> world file and then the user could use --depclean to remove that package >>> and its no longer needed friends. I assume this is doable. >>> >> >> You can already use --depclean for this. >> >> Regards, >> Petteri >> > > So there is already a option that is the reverse of -n ? > > Dale > > :-) :-)
You would first have to define the reverse to avoid misunderstanding. --noreplace (-n) Skips the packages specified on the command-line that have already been installed. Reverse: Install packages that are not already installed - This is what Portage does by default Reverse: Skips packages that are not installed - Makes no sense with installation actions. Is this what you mean? pena betelgeuse # emerge --depclean foobar >>> No packages selected for removal by depclean Regards, Petteri