From: Benjamin Coles <sj7trunks@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Events - Fosdem and LWE
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:29:14
1 First off I want to thank all those that helped with the main portion of
2 the show, including during the show with setup/tear-down. There were
3 others including this list but they were the ones that really put the
4 show together.
5
6 Eric Sammer
7 Arlington Bourne
8 Randy Sofia
9 Karl Trygve Kalleberg
10 Kurt Lieber
11 Jason Weeve
12
13 Also much thanks to Pogo Linux, Sun Microsystems, AMD. and Brundage
14 Management Company, Inc. for lending us equipment for Linux World Expo.
15 The event was smaller compared to previous events at the Javits center
16 which proves the reasons why the Expo will be in Boston due to cash
17 restraints. Overall the people that came up and asked us asking
18 questions already knew what Gentoo was and had many questions to the
19 steps of getting Gentoo installed and running. We also had many
20 Corporations asking us about the future of Gentoo in a corporate
21 environment. The feedback that we got from the show was very positive
22 and gives us ideas and goals to set for Gentoo and future Gentoo Events.
23
24 The next event is Fosdem and I'm requesting all attendees to join
25 #gentoo-events on irc.freenode.net and drop me an email if your coming.
26 If you have an event coming up in your area please feel free to email me
27 or gentoo-pr@g.o about getting something organized with Gentoo.
28
29 Thanks,
30 Benjamin Coles