From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] generating ChangeLog files automatically from `cvs commit`
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:32:14
1 On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 18:18 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > suggestion:
3 > stop keeping ChangeLog files in CVS and instead, let them be generated
4 > automagically by the cvs server using the last <arbitrary number> of commit
5 > messages. if you really want to keep a commit message out of the changelog,
6 > then we come up with a simple policy of prefixing the message with a period
7 > (to keep it hidden :P).
8
9 I like the idea. This should force people to actually make their cvs
10 commit statements worth something.