From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eutils changes wrt EAPI-3 - ebeep and epause no longer available
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:12:07
1 On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:03:42 +0000
2 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
3 > What is going on with all these undocumented changes? When I look at
4 > the council logs to see what is in EAPI3, I don't see anything about
5 > removing functions. This is just silly and wastes alot of people's
6 > time for no practical gain.
7
8 Being in eutils, none of this has anything to do with PMS or the
9 Council.
10
11 > In my EAPI3 portage, bin/isolated-functions.sh still has eqawarn()
12 > defined. So, what am I missing now?
13
14 eqawarn has never been defined in any EAPI. It's a Portage internal,
15 not something for ebuilds to use. If you'd like it to be in an EAPI, you
16 can propose it for EAPI 5.
19 Ciaran McCreesh