From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Change in mentoring requirements
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 22:48:48
1 Hi.
2
3 Petteri Räty wrote:
4 > <p>
5 > Before you can mentor anyone, you must have been with Gentoo for at
6 > least six
7 > -months or must be a project lead.
8 > +months. Previously being a project lead was enough too but with GLEP 39
9 > anyone
10 > +can create new projects.
11 > </p>
12 >
13 > </body>
16 > Regards,
17 > Petteri
18 > --
19 > Gentoo/Recruiters lead
20 > Gentoo/Java lead
23 Petteri, I assumed this was already the case and it makes perfect sense
24 to me.
25 There's one thing that you're not addressing though. We have different
26 types of developers amongst us, so how do we count the 6 months period?
27 Let me explain more fully. At this point, I could mentor someone into
28 becoming a new moderator in the forums, but I don't think anyone would
29 support me being an ebuild dev mentor - not being one myself yet. IIRC,
30 documentation devs don't need to be ebuild devs. Does anyone propose
31 that I could be a docs dev mentor - not being part of the team? Finally,
32 should a 6+ month ebuild dev, recently becoming part of the docs or
33 forums moderation team, be allowed to be a mentor for those teams?
34 Perhaps we should require that the dev be part of Gentoo for at least
35 six months and in the case of mentoring for the forums or the docs team,
36 that he/she has the blessing of the team lead(s) - in case the dev isn't
37 part of the respective team for at least X months. Do we want X to be 6
38 months?
39 Anyone agrees/disagrees?
43 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
44 Gentoo-forums / Userrel
45 --
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list