From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council manifesto of sping
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:38:08
1 On 06/22/10 03:46, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Your proposed solutions in your manifesto is to just throw out the
3 > manifest bits that need completion, in the process ignoring the
4 > infrastructural and security reasons for their existance. Same goes
5 > for ignoring the commit hooks chunk for rsync generation (after all,
6 > we can't just tell every gentoo user that "by the way, we're no longer
7 > going to update rsync").
8
9 The Git migration is taking us 2 years already because it's taken too
10 far. We need to look at what's really needed of that now.
11
12 I'll speak to Robin before I go into further details here.
15 > I'd be a bit less critical of your offer here and the manifesto
16 > presented, if it was actually factual and at least a partially
17 > accurate understanding of the issues outstanding.
18
19 I read that as a pretty hard accusation.
20 Are you referring to the Git migration or the manifesto as a whole?
21 Please make clear where exactly my manifesto is not factual.
24 > At the very least, I suggest you actually have a chat w/ Robin
25 > directly and get caught up on what the issues are rather than making
26 > claims about his work that are pretty far off base.
27
28 Earlier today I wrote to him asking for his number to be able to call
29 him tomorrow.
32 > Also please note Arun's actual question was "what have you done to
33 > help", not "what skills do you have". There is difference- one I'm
34 > guessing that is being lost in the language barrier.
35
36 I am aware of that difference.
40 Sebastian