From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] overlay support current proposal?
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:44:15
1 On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 03:31 +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2
3 > Darcs, instead, is written in Haskell, which means you need architectures that
4 > supports Haskell, and in which it's stable enough to work... considering we
5 > have Gentoo/Alt, it's not that good to "cut" us off (yes I know I should be
6 > able to make Gentoo/FreeBSD and maybe other arches to have ghc,
7
8 We've got ghc working on ppc-osx and ghc of course works on FreeBSD
9 (it's in FreeBSD ports) so all it needs is a helper for Gentoo/FreeBSD.
10 I know you're busy of course but it doesn't need your time specifically,
11 anyone using Gentoo/FreeBSD could do it. We can walk them through the
12 process.
13
14 We're working on ia64 support. s390 support would be possible if we had
15 access to the hardware. The only arches we don't have much hope of
16 supporting are arm, mips and sh. (It works on mips on irix but we have
17 problems with GOT overflow on mips linux.)
20 Duncan Coutts : Gentoo Developer (Haskell herd team lead)
21 email : dcoutts at gentoo dot org
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list