From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Minor changes in python.eclass and distutils.eclass
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:59:28
2010-07-05 20:26:19 Petteri Räty napisał(a):
> On 07/05/2010 06:23 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote: > > These minor changes in python.eclass and distutils.eclass have been already > > reviewed on alias of Gentoo Python Project. It's recommended to be familiar > > with internals of current code before trying to understand these minor changes. > > If you are looking for review on gentoo-dev you should include something > on what the patch is supposed to do.
In python.eclass: - Deprecation of NEED_PYTHON variable - Deletion of colors from 3 deprecated functions and some cleanup in these functions - Improvements in error messages, sanity checks and handling of arguments - First part of support for API of python.eclass in EAPI="4". - Some new, optional features in some functions (e.g. --base-path option in some python_get_*() functions) - Support for multiple paths in argument of --PYTHONPATH option of test helper functions In distutils.eclass: - Support for custom setup files specified in DISTUTILS_SETUP_FILES array - Deletion of colors from 2 deprecated functions and some cleanup in thse functions
> > Suggestions about indentation and quoting will be rejected. > > Do you think our indentation rules don't concern you?
I don't use indentation/quoting, which would violate any rules, but some people might try to enforce e.g. EAPI=3 instead of EAPI="3". -- Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis