From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Install w/out floppy, cd-r?; PPDD w/Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:06:01
gentoolinx wrote:

> This may be the wrong place for this question, if so please tell me where > to ask it. > > Is there any way to install GRUB (& Gentoo) without a floppy or CD-R ? I > have a Win98 partition, a OpenBSD partition, and a UMSDOS linux w/ Reiser > in the kernel, so I can install from any of those places. > Any help would be appreciated!
Yes just create a new reiserfs partition from your UMSDOS linux and unpack the sys.tbz2 package to that new partition then you can follow the install-instructions on the web-page. You should add "conv" to /etc/fstab if you use reiserfs older that 3.6.25 on your linux and want to convert it to the newest format. (but I think you can't read it from your UMSDOS-linux after that).
Maybe adding the crypto-patch fromwww.kerneli.org. Bye Achim
> > I was going to do what you guys did with Gentoo, but with encryption--a > cross between OpenBSD & Gentoo. I even had a web site at sourceforge.net. > It's dead at the moment, but I collected some good ideas encryption wise. > Here's the URL, hope you can use it for something: > http://sourceforge.net/projects/openparanioa/.
Thanks for that