From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:54:38
1 There is consensus in the gentoo-pms mailing list that we should
2 tighten the rules for the position of the EAPI assignment in ebuilds,
3 namely that it should take place in the first non-blank and
4 non-comment line.
5
6 The devmanual already requires that "if you want to override the EAPI
7 variable, you have to specify it at the top of the ebuild."
8
9 In any case, the portage tree mostly complies with this. There are 130
10 ebuilds in 66 packages (or 0.4 % of the total number) that don't, but
11 they can be trivially fixed (and I volunteer to do the work).
12
13 Any objections against this?
14
15 Ulrich