From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:54:38
There is consensus in the gentoo-pms mailing list that we should
tighten the rules for the position of the EAPI assignment in ebuilds,
namely that it should take place in the first non-blank and
non-comment line.

The devmanual already requires that "if you want to override the EAPI
variable, you have to specify it at the top of the ebuild."

In any case, the portage tree mostly complies with this. There are 130
ebuilds in 66 packages (or 0.4 % of the total number) that don't, but
they can be trivially fixed (and I volunteer to do the work).

Any objections against this?

Ulrich