From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: initramfs required on Linux systems with separate /usr
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:52:04
1 On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2 > William, I think what Tom was mentioning here is that he thinks a
3 > one-sentence answering the "Why" would be a good idea to have in the
4 > news item, so users that don't have a clue on all of these sep-/usr
5 > issues will get an idea of why the change is being made.
6
7 How about something like:
8 Due to many upstream changes properly supporting a separate /usr
9 without an initramfs has become increasingly difficult - despite all
10 our efforts it already breaks in some exotic configurations, and this
11 is a trend likely to grow worse.
12
13 Rich