From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gnome2 now in portage!
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:18:18
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 23 May 2002 01:12:46 -0500
3 JR Boyens <jboyens@××××××××.org> wrote:
4
5 > Good work! I installed Gnome2 through portage and then uninstalled it
6 > all... Bad idea, hosed a lot of things. Mostly icons and the like, but
7 > still, everything was funny for awhile.
8 Yes, Since gnome2 packages contain a lot of icons, they overwrite the
9 gnome1 icons (mostly they are the same files and shouldn't be any
10 problems) except when You uninstall Gnome2, then it pulls the updated
11 icons out along with it and you are left without icons, not always fun.
12 Same goes for some of the program settings (.schemas) from gnome-games
13
14 This could probably be fixed by qpkg or other package management tool
15 that lists packages with missing files and simply re-emerge those.
19 > Fixed now,
20 That's good :)
21
22 //Spider
25 begin .signature
26 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
28 end