From: Thomas Scharl <think4urs11@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improving developer/user communication (was Re: net-im/pidgin protocols)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:15:59
1 Chris Gianelloni schrieb:
2 > On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 18:54 +0200, Thomas Scharl wrote:
3 >> Anyways this is more of philosophical/social issue to discuss about than
4 >> a technical one.
5 >
6 > One thing that I had been considering bringing up and getting help with
7 > is some scripts/whatever to get users to do things they might not know
8 > they can do during installation. For example, let's say we've got a
9 > little script, called sub_to_gwn, which takes a single argument, an
10 > email address. At the end of the Installer, we can ask "Would you like
11 > to subscribe to the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter?" and subscribe people that
12 > say yes. We could do the same thing for a stats client, or any other
13 > projects that we deemed would be useful. The idea here is to present
14 > some of these things that we would like the users to be doing to provide
15 > us feedback (and disseminate information) to the user when they're
16 > installing. Of course, we'd also add the scripts into the
17 > documentation, so people can simply run them w/o the Installer, so we're
18 > not tying this stuff to Installer-only installs.
19 >
20 > Anyway, some things I think we could/should do are:
21 > - GWN
22 > - gentoo-announce
23 > - gentoo-stats (or whatever we have now, if anything)
24 >
25 > Anything else?
26 >
27 quite cool idea, some more optionals could be
28 - subscribe to -user/<lang> ML's
29 - install a bookmarks file in ~/ with all relevant Gentoo links
30 - create accounts for b.g.o/f.g.o
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list