From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: perl eclass review - EAPI=3 + new helper eclass
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:34:31
1 * Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>:
2 > It is obvious what many of the functions do (I can read shell, yay!)
3 > but it is not obvious to me why they exist or why I would want to call
4 > them. Why do I want to delete AppleDouble files? What are dual-life
5 > scripts and why do I want to symlink them? Why would I want to delete
6 > packfiles? Some documentation would be nice h ere.
7
8 Absolutely. The perl-team already has a bug for it (#259815).
9 Perl eclass changes are tracked in bug #239510.
10 But I don't think missing documentation is a stopper here. Most of it
11 is copied from perl-modules.eclass.
12
13 - AppleDouble (name reported by `file`)
14 268497 [perl@g.o] - Remove ._* files in perl-module_src_prepare
15 273104 [dev-portage@g.o] - New QA check: installed OSX fork files (if I got the name right)
16
17 - dual-life scripts
18 scripts installed by dual-life packages (part of dev-lang/perl and
19 also stand-alone in perl-core/). Only relevant for perl-core/
20 packages.
21
22 - .packlist
23 something like CONTENTS.
24
25 [---=| TOFU protection by t-prot: 143 lines snipped |=---]