From: Eugenia Loli-Queru <eloli@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problem with rsync
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:38:24
1 I haven't booted back to Gentoo for many days now (oops..;-) but... I had a
2 need for Linux tonight. I decided to update the system, but I get this (as
3 root):
4
5 eugenia root # emerge rsync
6 >>>starting rsync with rsync://cvs.gentoo.org/gentoo-x86-portage...
7 rsync: failed to connect to cvs.gentoo.org: Connection refused
8 rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(89)
9
10 The resolv.conf is fine, I am connected to the net and stuff, just fine. For
11 example, if I use lynx for cvs.gentoo.org from the same terminal, it works
12 fine, I can see the page. But when using emerge rsync, I get the above
13 error.
14
15 Any ideas? There was one more person who had the same problem some days ago,
16 as I read in this mailing list (but no one had a real answer to the
17 problem).
18 It seems that something went wrong since the last time I booted (about 15-20
19 days ago). The last time I booted, emerge was working fine.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Eugenia
26 Editor-in-Chief at http://www.OSNews.com