From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-libs/ncurses: punted from system in profiles
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:01:39
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
> Whatever man, look at all this bloat! > > virtual/ssh
Great - I can remote access a system that doesn't boot.
> sys-apps/kbd
Full editing of config files works with my original IBM PC keyboard (Estonian version)!
> sys-apps/texinfo
I can use a really arcane system for browsing documentation when my system doesn't boot (perhaps from not meeting the 6GB of RAM requirement). Now all we need is xorg and chromium. If we just use the native Google version it probably doesn't even need any dependencies. :) Rich