From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Resignation
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 16:36:08
1 On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 03:21:49PM +0200, Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:07:45 +0200
3 > Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 > > > As I have been swamped with emails, private messages and phone calls
6 > > > from certain people, I will retract my resignation for the final time.
7 > >
8 > > I'm fairly new to Gentoo, but I'd like to help.
9 > > So, what shall I do ?
10 >
11 > You can start by not hijacking mailing list threads. Or am I the only one
12 > failing to see how is this connected to Jory's (retracted) resignation ?
13
14 Having not yet read the rest of this thread I'm sorry if this is going to
15 repeat anything else thats being said, however...
16
17 This is a prime example of one of the reasons which is making people
18 leave gentoo, either as a developer or as a user. Having someone email
19 to show their appreciation for peoples work and equally as important to
20 also be willing to commit their own time to help as well being shot down
21 with such an ignorant comment is upsetting to say the least.
22
23 I suggest the next time someone wants to offer their help you think
24 twice before you flame for off-topic. However, on that note...
25
26 Enrico,
27
28 Please find some reading on the subject here:
29 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2
30
31 If you need any further help please feel free to join IRC and ask in
32 #gentoo-userrel
33
34 Best Regards,
35 John
38 Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
39 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
40 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515
41 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515