From: Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] sys-meta/* to own and control /bin/{cpio,sh,tar,...} symlinks (alternatives-ish)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 13:58:36
1 Hi,
2
3 On 23/11/2022 08.38, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > Hello, everyone.
5 >
6 > TL;DR: I'd like to add sys-meta/{cpio,sh,tar} to install and control
7 > (via USE flags) /bin/{cpio,sh,tar} symlinks.
8
9 I am very much in favour to have a package that controls those symlinks.
10 What is not immediately clear to me is what would that mean for eselect
11 in long run. Is it so that you'd like to keep eselect around and alive
12 parallel to those sys-meta category packages, or would there be push to
13 eventually get rid of most of eselect and where possible switch to sys-meta?
14
15 -- Piotr.