From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Profile masking and profiles package.mask
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:28:13
1 On Saturday 30 September 2006 15:14, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > It is not a change in policy. It's a codification of existing practice.
3 The behaviour of portage seems to ask you to differ on this. But you also seem
4 to lose your point.
5
6 I'm discussing the change of behaviour with respect to portage, not the change
7 to devmanual. Why am I not questioning the change to devmanual? Because the
8 bug there is just required by Plasmaroo who act as a proxy between QA and
9 devmanual itself, and thus not up to discuss anymore than a CVS commit.
10
11 But, the behaviour change for profiles (that currently, for bug or design,
12 acts in a different way than your "existing practice" suggest) is up to
13 debate, as I've found a few reasons not to back up such a change, and rather
14 stick with the current behaviour.
15
16 So, again, why should we change the behaviour, other than to fullfill your
17 request?
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
21 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE