From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] amd64-fbsd profile marked 'stable'
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 16:31:12
Hi!

May be you can share stages and install instructions for this?

Alexis Ballier писал 2012-05-08 15:33:
> Hi, > > I've just marked the profile 'default/bsd/fbsd/amd64/9.0' as 'stable' > in profiles.desc. I've been careful not to keyword anything with > broken > deps, and its now forbidden. It is the first g/fbsd profile marked as > such. > > Consequences for devs: broken deps are not allowed anymore; people > are, > like for standard arches, expected to drop keywords and fill a > rekeywording bug. > > Rationale: > - x86-fbsd has been a 'dev' profile for so long that the > majority of the packages have broken deps, meaning moving it to a > 'stable' profile is almost impossible. I do not want to repeat this > error for amd64-fbsd > - people usually do not run repoman -d, and as such, it is common to > get (core or not) packages that are uninstallable on g/fbsd. This > wont happen anymore and will make devs and users happier :=) > > cons: there's no stable amd64-fbsd keyword, i suppose that if we want > some day to stabilize it, it'll be hard with a 'stable' profile, but > we > can temporarily switch it back to 'dev' while doing it, and without > preventing broken deps it'll be almost impossible to do this anyway. > > Regards, > > A.
-- Best Regards, Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Gatchina, Russia Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Gentoo Team Ru Gentoo Linux Dev mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com mailto:alexxy@g.o mailto:alexxy@×××××××××××××.ru