From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:45:37
1 So, gentoo-wiki.com went down for a awhile and took something away from
2 our users something that is useful. Its back now, but I think we should
3 consider having our own official wiki that our users can contribute to.
4 We already have something very similar to this on the forums, and this
5 would just give the correct tool to put their documentation on.
6
7 I already know some people are going to hate this idea and say that the
8 documentation could be wrong, etc, so lets look at how others have
9 handled this situation. It seems that Ubuntu has their own official
10 documentation section and a community section where users can contribute
11 to. We can put a nice big warning saying that the user documentation
12 may have some errors, and that any such errors should not be directed at
13 the maintainers of the package or the GDP.
14
15 What are others feelings on this? What issues do you see with having a
16 wiki? Do you see anyway to resolve the issue you see with us having a
17 wiki?
20 Mark Loeser
21 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
22 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com