From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] License groups
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:24:32
1 While portage-2.2 has support for license visibility filtering (aka
2 ACCEPT_LICENSE) this currently isn't very usable as we still don't have
3 the necessary default license group and ACCEPT_LICENSE setting in the
4 tree (and even the only existing license group is of questionable use,
5 see bug #228527).
6 So if you care about this feature I'd like to ask you to collect the
7 necessary information to make it usable. This mainly means to create a
8 list of licenses that should be accepted by default. The recommended
9 way to do this is to list the licenses that can not be accepted by
10 default (legally), and trying to classify the rest into more managable
11 groups.
12
13 See bugs #152593 and #17367 for background information.
14
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.