From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: Micha?? G??rny <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git braindump: 2 of N: developer interaction (merge co-ordinators)
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 21:11:17
1 On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 09:04:33AM +0200, Micha?? G??rny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:57:53 -0700
3 > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Btw, good catch on package.mask. Hhadn't thought of that, that
6 > > *will* be the most contentious point. That can be dealt w/ via
7 > > having git on portage-1 profile format so we'd have package.mask as
8 > > directories (which Ciaran will validly hate, and I won't like
9 > > due to having to write the portage-1 -> PMS translater for
10 > > rsync distribution), or coming up w/ a different way to split the
11 > > commits across multiple files, rather than a single.
12 >
13 > That doesn't like a 'lesser evil' to me. I'd rather see those few
14 > conflicts and fix them once in a while rather than having to lookup
15 > multiple package.mask files with entries split in a semi-random manner.
16
17 The rate of package.mask commits was calculated yesterday- it's around
18 4.5 a day.
19
20 Non issue, move along...
21 ~harring