From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Remember: workarounds don't warrant RESO FIXED!
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:58:30
1 On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:52:25 +0300
2 Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > В Вск, 16/11/2008 в 15:33 -0600, Ryan Hill пишет:
5 > > ********************************
6 > > > - FEATURES=test failures;
7 > > ********************************
8 >
9 > And what we are supposed to do if upstream states that tests are not
10 > supposed to be ran on users systems and exists for package development
11 > only? For example one upstream states that the purpose of tests is to
12 > test integrity of the program itself and not program's environment and
13 > he (upstream) is pretty sure that program works as designed...
14
15 I think in this case RESTRICTing the tests or running them but not
16 die-ing on fail would be fine.
17
18 > Also relevant question: some tests require root privileges. What we
19 > should do in such case?
20
21 When I asked this previously I was told to check the current user's
22 permissions before running them. I haven't had a case where I've had
23 to though.
26 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
27 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
28 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662