From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rsync.gentoo.org rsync modules: ChangeLogs dropped from gentoo-portage
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 10:41:09
1 On 16/11/16 08:26, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 01:11:48 +0000
3 > "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> They will continue to be included in the Manifest until the next phase
6 >> of the change.
7 >>
8 >> rsync.gentoo.org::gentoo-portage
9 >> - tree without ChangeLogs
10 >>
11 >> rsync.gentoo.org::gentoo-repo
12 >> - same as gentoo-portage, new name for consistency.
13 >>
14 >> rsync.gentoo.org::gentoo-repo-changelog
15 >> - ChangeLogs only (as previously announced).
16 >>
17 >> $SOON (aiming for 2016/Nov/19):
18 >> - ChangeLog generation order will be switching back to newest-first, and
19 >> will be DROPPED from Manifests by this point at the latest.
20 > So are we going to have a broken rsync tree for 4 days due to the manifest
21 > validation failing on every package, resulting in no working upgrades for
22 > 4 days?
23 >
24 > Or has that problem been fixed?
25 Well, I just sync'd my laptop, all the ChangeLogs disappeared, and I
26 just completed an emerge @world without difficulty, so I'm guessing
27 that's a No, and yes respectively..... :]
28
29 YMMV, etc etc.