From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:37:01
1 On 06/16/2010 08:33 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On 17-06-2010 00:00, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
3 >> 3) Let Gentoo developers vote on who's in the conflict resolution
4 >> team just like we do with the council.
5 >
6 > AFAIK this never happened before and in my opinion choosing conflict
7 > resolution members by "popularity" is a very bad idea.
8
9 Well, as long as the council remains the board of appeals and it is
10 elected, I don't have a problem.
11
12 I'd also go a step further and say that devrel members serve at the
13 pleasure of the council. Some might debate that.
14
15 Rich