From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/qa: index.xml
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:49:54
1 On 10.06.2011 18:33, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2
3 > * Samuli, extremist right wing parties are gaining power in your
4 > country, I think this is a way better reason to rebel than a stupid file.
5
6 True Finns are not right wing. The foreign media seems to always get it
7 wrong. They are a populistic conservative party. On the traditional
8 left-right axis they are quite center. The parties with seats in the
9 parliament are characterized for example here:
10
11 http://www.loitto.com/tilastot/hsvaalikone11/rotaatiotulos-ellipsit.png
12
13 The article is here (don't know how well Google translate will do):
14 http://www.loitto.com/tilastot/hsvaalikone11/
15
16 True Finns are marked with purple (at the bottom).
19 > It is up to you, meanwhile I'll keep fighting for the camped
20 > people in Spain instead of some random piece of documentation.
23 It was a fair election and should be respected even if one doesn't like
24 the results. True Finns got a little below 20% of the vote so not
25 knowing anything about Samuli's political views (not even any of my
26 business any way) it's certainly possible that he voted for the cause
27 you are trying to rally against. They do have problematic individuals in
28 their ranks who can reflect badly on the party but if they break the law
29 they are handled according to the law is it should be.
30
31 In conclusion I don't think there's anything to rebel against with True
32 Finns but I agree that we could focus our energy better.
33
34 Regards,
35 Petteri