From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild revisions
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:46:14
1 On Tuesday 30 December 2003 08:28 am, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Whenever an ebuild goes from say -r1 to -r2, that is just a revision of the
3 > ebuild, not the program itself, correct? If so, in most cases, you will get
4 > the exact same code generated, correct? If the first one works, what is the
5 > point of upgrading to the next revision to get the exact same code?
6
7 In addition to what ciaranm said, there are cases where the -r has to do with
8 the package version. The only cases I know off the top of my head are with
9 kernels. Most of the external patchsets (ck-sources, aa-sources, etc.) are
10 setup this way.
11
12 --Iggy
13 --