From: Axel Bodemer <ab@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Q: About dependences
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:08:25
1 Hello,
2
3 since 9 month I use Gentoo. Nice, really nice.
4 But I miss a dependency management.
5
6 For example I change the glibc or kdelib version.
7 Where know the ebuild of kdelib that the cdbakeoven must be compiled to?
8
9 Every Programmer of a Tool/Lib know which Tool/Lib he use or which is optional.
10 This information in a database enabled a dependency trace in all directions.
11 And it exist the possibility to de/aktivate a feature (-java) about a click ;)
12
13 So, if a Part must be change, all Tools based on this Part can be change.
14
15 Why? Often, I change the kdelib, and other tools like the cdbakeoven couldn't
16 run, because there missed some functions or constants in the libs.
17
18 Axel
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list