From: "Peter Volkov (pva)" <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency. (was: How get ebuild provider virtual/category.)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:42:03
1 On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 05:26 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > then we end up with having to maintain a list of "safe" EDITORs and
3 > dealing with people who want to edit their own favorite editor
4 >
5 > the sudo file has the ability to specify editor's, so why not tell
6 > people to change their sudo config file ?
7
8 How? May be I'm wrong, but:
9
10 Defaults editor=/usr/bin/vim, !env_editor
11
12 is only to use this list with visudo. And does not prevents sudo from
13 removing EDITOR from environment. Or did you mean something else?
14
15 Also from man sudoers: "The default is the path to vi on your system."
16 Should we drop this from sources then? Or leave this broken on systems
17 with only nano installed?
18
19 Peter.