From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] hardcoded PATHS in .ebuild
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:15:10
m_ 2001-09-24 klockan 15.07 skrev Martin Schlemmer:
> On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 14:58, Martin Schlemmer wrote: > > On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 14:25, Mikael Hallendal wrote: > > > Hi! > > > > > > I've brought up this issue before. The main reason for this is to be > > > able to say, I want all GNOME-stuff in /usr/local/gnome instead of > > > /opt/gnome (for example). > > > > > > However if we decide to move everything to /usr this won't be an issue > > > anymore. > > > > > > > I know about that issue .. not entirely what i meant. Rather, if a app > > need to use the base dir for gnome, /opt/gnome as of current, why > > hardcode it into the ebuild as /opt/gnome, but not use $GNOME_PATH > > instead? If gnome need to be relocated in future, it will be much > > easier .... > > > > So maybe i should read better the first time ... but I still think it is > a better practice now that all have to be changed anyhow ...
I agree with you. However I don't think that it will be needed because you don't have to give GNOME_PATH when everything is located in /usr. I'm waiting for the document about this rellocation to /usr to be finished before starting to move stuff. Regards, Mikael Hallendal -- Mikael Hallendal Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden