From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:58:55
1 On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 05:01:20PM -0500, Daniel Goller wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Thomas Cort wrote:
6 > > On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:42:57 +0200
7 > > Bryan Østergaard <kloeri@g.o> wrote:
8 > >> So.. What can we do to improve things?
9 > >
10 > > I think that there should be some sort of organized way of connecting potential mentors and potential recruits. There is a very enthusiastic user who has been contributing great work to my overlay, but I cannot find anyone to mentor him (I've e-mailed sound@g.o as well as recruiters@g.o without much success). Maybe we should create a list of developers who are willing to mentor new devs? It would make finding a mentor much easier.
11 > >
12 > > ~tcort
13 > wait till you have your required months at gentoo, then you mentor him,
14 > if you truly like his work, tell him you have to wait before you can
15 > mentor him, iirc 6 months from joining?
16 Yup, 6 months as an ebuild developer is required before you can mentor
17 new ebuild developers.
18
19 In this case you might consider asking for a mentor on the gentoo-dev
20 mailinglist seeing as sound@g.o and recruiters@g.o have't been able to
21 find a mentor.
22
23 Regards,