From: Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Staffing Needs page is out of date
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:32:04
2 Hash: SHA512
3
4 Mart Raudsepp:
5 > Ühel kenal päeval, E, 28.11.2016 kell 17:45, kirjutas Gokturk
6 > Yuksek:
7 >> On 11/23/2016 12:31 AM, Gokturk Yuksek wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>> Hi all,
10 >>>
11 >>> The Staffing Needs page on the wiki [0] seems a little out of
12 >>> date, there are still mentions of "herds". I invite project
13 >>> leads and members to update it. We added a reference to it in
14 >>> the Mentors wiki page [1] and hoping to get more attention to
15 >>> it.
16 >>>
17 >>> Thanks,
18 >>>
19 >>> [0] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs
20 >>> [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Mentors
21 >>>
22 >>
23 >> Given the inactivity on the page since the submission of this
24 >> post, I'll clear the page entirely in two days. It's better to
25 >> have no information than a misleading one. Please remember to
26 >> update the page with your staffing needs after the cleanup.
27 >
28 > This is not some page that is just there and edited as-is. It is
29 > generated from {{Staffing Needs}} macros placed into project pages
30 > and seems like individual subpages when
31 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Projec
32 > t:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs/Maintenance is used instead. Therefore I
33 > doubt you can just go and clear things on that page alone, nor does
34 > it mean you should clean everything without contacting the project,
35 > especially those that actually have it on their project page (so
36 > relatively knowingly placed there recently).
39 I thought about the same thing at first. A more careful look at the
40 URL shows that this is not the case:
43 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs/ProxyMaintain
44 er
45
46 The {{Staffing Need}} macro page lives under "Gentoo" in project
47 namespace, not under "Proxy Maintainers". As a matter of fact, the
48 link has a typo where it's missing an 's' at the end.
49
50 I'd like to bring it to attention that there had been no activity on
51 the page in a week. We should at least clear some obvious ones like this
52 :
53
54 - --
55 GMN Editor/Author
56 We are looking for developers or users interested in helping us out
57 with the Gentoo Monthly Newsletters.
58 - --
59
60 This isn't even an official GMN project at the moment, there is no
61 information who is in charge and it's misleading people.
62
63 I'll try to contact individual projects as much as I can.
66 > Mart
69 - --
70 gokturk
71