From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:58:22
1 Jan Kundrát wrote:
2
3 > Have you noticed that I'm the reporter of this bug? Just FYI, bug
4 > *wasn't* in the guide but in the underlying eclass/gcc-config causing
5 > automatic switch to newly installed GCC during pkg_postinst. Just by a
6 > coincidence the eclass was updated shortly after gcc/3.4 stabilisation.
7
8 A bug, again, that the stage1 installation method was immune to, which is
9 the topic at hand. Not who reported what when. I found that bug when it
10 hit me and noticed that it had been reported. I thanked the Gods that you
11 were working on it, that I hadn't attempted to upgrade a production box,
12 and went about my business avoiding it by installing from stage1.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list