From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Dev: markusle
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:52:08
1 Hola all-
2
3 Got us a new dev to harass, mentored by ribosome, and helping out in
4 the scientific herd- quantum chemistry, and molecular dynamics
5 packages, subjects that have have the potential to cause
6 cereberal hemorrhaging :)
7
8 In his own words-
9
10 I have been part of our research group's (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/)
11 system administration team for the last 5 years. We have
12 a pretty large computational facility with probably more than
13 50 desktops, lots of servers, several hundred CPU's in beowulf
14 clusters, and many TB of (backuped) storage.
15
16 Currently, I am a post-doctoral researcher at the University
17 of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This, unfortunately, implies
18 that I don't have a lot of spare time. What's left of it I spend
19 with my family, hacking away on my Thinkpad T30, and
20 reading. To remain somewhat sane, I maintain a pretty strict
21 running schedule of about 7-10 miles a day.
22 Finally, I really enjoy cooking; unfortunately, due to my
23 geographic location and a non-air conditioned apartment
24 any significant cooking is restricted to the cold mid-western
25 winter :)
26
27 So welcome him, dump bugs on 'em, and in general put him through the
28 usual ringer :)
29 ~harring