From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [PMS] Add RESTRICT="distcc" capability
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:28:31
1 Gordon Malm wrote:
2 > It looks to me like you've already made up your mind. How is hardened doing
3 > the entirely wrong thing?
4
5 From the page [1] you mentioned:
6
7 "If so, that seems to me like an abuse of the -D option."
8
9 The abuse is in changing the compiler behavior based on -D options.
10
11 > What do you propose can be done to "fix" the
12 > hardened compiler?
13
14 From the same page:
15
16 "It would be better for you to remove the patch from gcc where it makes
17 -D__KERNEL__ imply -nossp -nopie, and to instead patch the Linux kernel
18 build system (Makefiles, etc.) so that it passes "-D__KERNEL__ -nossp
19 -nopie" rather than "-D__KERNEL__"."
20
21 [1] http://code.google.com/p/distcc/issues/detail?id=25
22
23 Cheers,
24 -jkt
27 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth