From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *-config tool renaming?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:08:04
1 On Sunday 16 November 2003 03:24 am, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I just had an idea (how rare, eh?) and I wanted to see what other people
3 > thought of it.
4 >
5 > What if we renamed all the *-config tools to config-* (gcc-config,
6 > distcc-config, java-config, etc. would move to config-gcc,
7 > config-distcc, config-java, etc.)?
8 >
9 > This would allow people trying to configure anything to simply type
10 > config-<tab> and get a listing of what was available.
13 Would also fix the possible collisions with tools that come with packages that
14 tell lib paths, etc. (i.e. gtk-config, kde-config, or the one that is really
15 getting in my way courier-config)
16
17 --Iggy
20 Home -- http://www.brianandsara.net