From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:07:12
1 Matti Bickel wrote:
2 > And while your proposal sounds more compliant to the DRY principle, i
3 > would object it on the basis that it makes a single ebuild actually
4 > harder to understand as you have to read (1) eclasses, (2) -base.ebuild
5 > and (3) -version.ebuild.
6
7 That's quite exactly what I wanted to write - plus this -base.ebuild
8 thingy would only make sense if we also allow versioning of
9 -base.ebuilds. And then we're quickly speaking of package-based eclasses
10 instead of "-base.ebuilds".
11
12 If we're speaking of a list of whishes for 2009 - i'd prefer to see
13 eclass versioning instead of -base.ebuilds ;)
14
15 Tobias