From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:34:28
1 "Jerry A!" wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 09:56:52AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
4 > :
5 > : I know this may sound weird at first, but I'd rather disable X11 and tcl/tk
6 > : support in sys-devel/python, and create a *third* python optional package --
7 > : python-x11. I don't want to force people to install Xfree86 and tcl/tk just
8 >
9 > Actually, that makes sense. Otherwise, at some point we'll be building
10 > larger and larger (perl|python|ruby|etc) installations with larger and
11 > larger dependencies. Let's keep the really extraneous stuff that's not
12 > in the base system under dev-(lang).
15 Yes but therefore we have the use option. python is not the only package that
16 can be compiled
17 with tcl-tk support. If you have tcl-tk on your system, and you set the use
18 tcl-tk variable.
19 Everythin that can have tcl-tk support should get it.
20 At the moment I include all support that is possible if I build a package. But I
21 have a big use-ToDO
22 over here. :-)
23
24 Achim~~
27 > --Jerry
28 >
29 > name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
30 > phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
31 > email: jerry@××××××.com || ...It's much more important
32 > || than that!
34 > gentoo-dev mailing list
35 > gentoo-dev@g.o