From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
Cc: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, pr@g.o, gnome <gnome@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Gentoo News file about GNOME 3.2's unmasking
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:14:37
1 On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Alexandre Rostovtsev
2 <tetromino@g.o> wrote:
3 > On my part, it was a failure of imagination. I had always seen large
4 > changes dumped in ~arch with no warning or documentation (even the
5 > png15 upgrade didn't get a news item until libpng-1.5.x went stable),
6
7 Of course - just figured I'd point it out so that in the future we
8 might improve.
9
10 Plus, you can recycle the same news item for the eventual
11 stabilization, so it is the same amount of effort (minus any tweaks
12 from lessons-learned).
13
14 If we don't fix the visibility issue then we'll probably want to do
15 something to re-issue this one, otherwise for stable users this news
16 will be a distant memory.
17
18 Rich