From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
Cc: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, pr@g.o, gnome <gnome@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Gentoo News file about GNOME 3.2's unmasking
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:14:37
On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Alexandre Rostovtsev
<tetromino@g.o> wrote:
> On my part, it was a failure of imagination. I had always seen large > changes dumped in ~arch with no warning or documentation (even the > png15 upgrade didn't get a news item until libpng-1.5.x went stable),
Of course - just figured I'd point it out so that in the future we might improve. Plus, you can recycle the same news item for the eventual stabilization, so it is the same amount of effort (minus any tweaks from lessons-learned). If we don't fix the visibility issue then we'll probably want to do something to re-issue this one, otherwise for stable users this news will be a distant memory. Rich