From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtual/eject ?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:16:15
1 As I'm still working on Gentoo/FreeBSD project, and I'm trying to get KDE
2 working there, I have a bit of a problem which I want to discuss with all the
3 devs.
4
5 The problem is that: kde-base/kdesktop depends on eject (and probably is not
6 the only one), but eject is a non-portable, linux-dependant program.
7 FreeBSD has its own version of eject, which I just added to fbsd's overlay as
8 sys-apps/eject-bsd.
9 I'll also add to that overlay a kdesktop ebuild which depends ||
10 ( sys-apps/eject sys-apps/eject-bsd) so to have the dependencies fullfilled.
11
12 This can't be done everytime, and hoping for, in future, having an universal
13 eject (libcdio should allow that) I wanted to ask if is possible to add a
14 virtual/eject provided by sys-apps/eject and sys-apps/eject-bsd so that they
15 can be made dependencies as needed.
16
17 Comments?
18
19 Thanks,
20 --
21 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
22 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
23
24 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/