From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo RC3 kernel booting with AMD K6
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 10:24:55
On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 05:48:04PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:

> This works for init but init=/linuxrc (as it is in the current bootdisk) does > not work! I tried init=/linuxrc2 once without success. Take a look at > /usr/src/linux/init/main.c At the end of the function "do_basic_setup" is the > call to /linuxrc so this is hardcoded. The calls to init are at the end of > main().
OK, I misunderstood the problem. I thought people were running into the freeze when they boot their fresh installed Gentoo Linux, but it's happening immediately on the bootdisk. OK. Just make sure you pop in a 486-optimized bzImage at some point so you don't spend days on this only to find that it's a kernel issue :) -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.