From: maarten@××××××××.be
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to bump down revision numbers
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:47:51
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been assigned bug #2380. Our 1.1.2 version of jpeg-mmx is an
4 unofficial, unmaintained fork so the ebuild version will need to be bumped
5 down to the official 0.1.4.
6
7 But even masking off the 1.1.2 ebuild doesn't make portage consider
8 downgrading. Not even when I put a dependency in another package for the
9 lower 0.1.4 version and emerge that one.
10
11 I was wondering: is this a bug or a feature (to ward off inadvertent
12 downgrades), and is there some "official" way of doing this?
13
14 If all else fails I'll just make a new 1.1.2-r1 release, hardwire it to
15 use the 0.1.4 version instead, and increase the dependencies as needed in
16 other packages. Right?
17
18 cheers,
19 maarten