From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 07:18:17
1 On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:35:07 +0000
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > Oh yeah I forgot, McCreesh thinks they're all idiots[1]
4
5 No no. I think some of them are idiots. Get it right.
6
7 > Funny thing is I think the USE-flag metadata
8 > thing would have breezed through as a GLEP; I don't recall one person
9 > saying they thought it was a bad idea.
10
11 But you do recall people saying how it needed extending to be useful.
12 Yes, it would have breezed through as a GLEP, but it would have had a
13 half dozen small additions that would have made it a lot more useful.
16 Ciaran McCreesh