From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RDEPEND gentoo-sources or any linux sources don't work
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 17:09:44
1 On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 >> On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
8 >> > Hi,
9 >> > I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.
10 >> > The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge
11 >> this
12 >> > ebuild,
13 >> > all the "dependencies" are installed.
14 >> > When I add
15 >> > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
16 >> > or
17 >> > =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28
18 >> > Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.
19 >> > Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a
20 >> dependency?
21 >>
22 >> My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies
23 >> inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.
24 >>
25 >> If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at
26 >> bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command
27 >> that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.
28 >> --
29 >> Thanks,
30 >> Zac
31 >>
32 >> It seems like problem like you stated.
33 > It did grab the kernel, in a middle of new install.
34 > I still haven't traced why this happening.
35 >
36 > Is there a flag that I can emerge with, to see the decisions of portage?
37 >
38 > Regards,
39 > Kfir
42 Ok,
43 Deleting the target directory, and running again the ebuild, resulted linux
44 was grabbed by the ebuild.
45 I don't know why it was like that before.
46
47 Regards,
48 Kfir