From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages up for grabs due lack of time
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:12:26
1 Ryan Hill schrieb:
2 > He means that until you install the package with all firmware enabled you don't
3 > know what lines you need to put into the savedconfig file.
4 >
5 > Even after you do that it's hard to figure out what firmware files you actually
6 > need. I know I need iwl6000 firmware for Intel Ultimate-N 6300 wifi, but
7 > linux-firmware contains:
8
9 Sometimes it can be inferred from dmesg output, where the driver outputs
10 which firmware it requested.
11
12 > Are these different versions? Different cards? Which do I need? I had to
14 > right one.
15
16 Which exact firmware file you need also depends on your kernel version.
19 Best regards,
20 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn