From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:06:07
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
> Sounds like we could benefit from the "noarch" approach known in the RPM > world, such that all these packages can also be immediately keyworded > and stabilised for all arches.  Would greatly simplify things for a > great deal of packages, maybe? >
This is a good idea; themes, wallpapers, fonts, game-data (stuff that mostly installs into /usr/share) could easily fall in this category. A lot of python modules are arch-independant as well (upstream has been thinking of splitting the install structure to put such things in /usr/share/python2.6/<etc>). Examples of packages: gnome-extra/gnome-games-extra-data x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme kde-base/kdebase-wallpapers games-fps/quake3-data app-text/poppler-data media-fonts/dejavu -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team