From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposing new virtuals: blas and lapac + new use flag: ifc
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:51:07
1 On Thursday 30 October 2003 13:08, splite-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.edu wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 11:17:57AM -0800, George Shapovalov wrote:
3 > The Intel Fortran Compiler for Linux (ifc) is definitely not an
4 > unrestricted download. You may download and use the compiler under a
5 > no-cost
6 > "Non-Commercial Unsupported" license* that essentially covers running
7 > it on your home computer for your own amusement. (I'm not sure how many
8 > people use BLAS or LAPACK strictly for their own amusement. :) Paid
9 > academics (faculty, grad students) aren't covered, even if their research
10 > is not for profit.
11
12 Hm, thanks for clarification! (having not dealt with ifc itself, just testing
13 blass libs and seeing how it was automatically pulled off the mirrors I
14 assumed it is less restricted.)
15 So, shouldn't the ifc ebuild be fetch-restricted then (just like the icc one)?
16 Doesn't Intel want to enforce a usual click-through thing (to which this page
17 actually points)?
18
19 George
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list