From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Web Applications / GLEP 11
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:29:51
1 G'day Everyone,
2
3 I'd just like to bring GLEP #11 [1] back into the lime light for a
4 little bit. I initially authored GLEP #11 due to the contributions of a
5 number of people to a couple of threads on this list. As it stands at
6 the moment a couple of the proposals/ideas in the GLEP have been
7 implemented (one being the moving of the doc root from /home/httpd to
8 /var/www).
9
10 There are currently a number of talented people slowly progressing this:
11 robbat2, stuart, max and others. I feel that is is important that
12 progress continues to be made in this area for Gentoo.
13
14 Unfortunately work and other life commitments have meant that I have
15 been unable to keep a close eye on the progress of this GLEP and as of
16 26 JAN 04 I will be on a hiatus from active contributions to Gentoo.
17
18 I would like to encourage all those with significant experience in
19 configuring/deploying/creating web based applications to support the
20 Gentoo developers in their efforts to make web based applications easier
21 to install and support on Gentoo and lend them a hand where possible.
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 1. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0011.html
28 Troy Dack Gentoo moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and
29 tad@g.o look around once in awhile, you could miss out.
30
31 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
32 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C